I can't even begin to explain the drive over. A little confusing getting out of Rome since there is no Autostrada that brings you straight here but more like a series of smaller winding roads. Needless to say I was in heaven on the drive over here. This is what was going through my head the whole way here: I'm in Italy, I'm in Italy, I'm in Italy, I'm in Italy, I'm in Italy, I'm in Italy, Holy crap look at that castle, I'm in Italy........
This country is so beautiful. I absolutely needed GPS to get here, I tried to be macho about it and pulled out my trusty map but this place is too remote.
Jodie and Kevin are very sweet and funny. They've welcomed me into their home with open arms. Following are some small house rules:
- Shake your pillows and blankets before hopping into bed!! Leave it to your imagination!!
- Be careful of various snakes and creepy crawlies when you're out walking, especially fleas (I haven't quite figured that one out yet).
- Always close your bedroom door as Meow Meow, Stripes, Walter or Holly will sneak into your room and they're not allowed.
- Check your boots before you put them on (scorpions).
- Worst of all there are grasshoppers everywhere! It's a long story but I was traumatized when I was a child by grasshoppers and you really don't want to see a crazy woman running around through the country side screaming at the top of her lungs.....
|The view from the front window|
|the view of the monte sibillini mountains from the back of the house|
|Rodney the rooster|
|My first purchase in town, a beautiful salami|
|The chickens coming out for breakfast|